Sunday, July 4, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies!



Who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies?! Well, if you're gluten free and/or vegan, you may not like them so much. My daughter and I went downtown Portland yesterday on a gluten free/vegan bakery tour (self guided). I wanted to taste what my competition had to offer. The PSU Saturday Farmers Market boasts many of these bakeries all in one place, so we just moved from booth to booth eating way too much! The consensus at the end was conveyed my my daughter, "When are you going to start your own bakery? Your food tastes so much better!" Everything we sampled was heavy, choke-on-it dry, crumbly, or had a weird aftertaste. It made me want to come home and duplicate everything we tasted. I started with these scrumptious cookies. They are slightly crispy on the outside, gooey in the center, and the entire batch disappeared in a short afternoon! We had company for the 4th of July, and everyone loved them, not just the gluten free and vegan guests.

**Another bonus is that you can eat as much raw batter as you want....No eggs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment